Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Last Movie Watched

Went to the theatre a couple times this weekend. Saw Trap which was pretty solid. It was an interesting movie overall and Josh Hartnett did a hell of an acting job in it. Movie was better than I was expecting overall.

Also saw Borderlands. The reviews are pretty much nailing it. It was not a great movie. Not even sure I'd call it a good movie. Most of the casting choices felt odd, the movie thought it was way funnier than it actually was, and the story felt awkward. I don't even know much about Borderlands and I could tell they royally fucked with things for what seemed like no particularly good reason. Whoever wrote this also felt like they had a passing familiarity with most of the characters, at best. I recall there were some hiccups with production that involved whoever was writing it originally having their name dropped off the credits, and reshoots being done a couple years after it actually wrapped filming by a different director, so I'm guessing all of that is related. XD

I went in with pretty low expectations, so it didn't disappoint per se, but it certainly didn't feel like it was even trying to do more than that either. 

Godzilla Minus One

Outside of the first American Godzilla back in the early 2000s, i'd never seen a Godzilla movie before. I quite liked this one, more than I thought I would

Saw the new Beetlejuce Beetlejuice sequel. Solid 8/10 overall and it pretty much met my expectations. Not horrible.

Spoiler

Only real complaint I had is that I think there was just 1 too many bad guy scenarios happening and none of them had any hard difficulty levels of taking care of them in the end. The fake love interest with Astrid was kinda unnecessary, the ex-wife's plot just got left in the afterthought dust even though she had a strong start and good segue of doing some Beetlejuice backstory. 

Otherwise all the original cast minus Charles was still top notch. I'm glad they were able to use Charles without needing the actor and the practical effects were well done. Great casting for the rest, music was good. I enjoyed it a lot.