Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

2024 Seasonal Anime

The series itself came out....I wanna say last year? but the current 2nd part of S2 was the most recent addition and just have tissues ready for that ending if you haven't gotten there yet.

OH! Lucy shared this in our discord AND I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED

9 hours ago, Tassifox said:

OH! Lucy shared this in our discord AND I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED

That is exciting and unexpected! It has been so long since I read the manga. Hardly remember anything about the story, if I’m being honest :lolgrin: But I’m hyped for it anyway :shiny:

I watched the first episodes of Tower of God and Mayonaka Punch this week.

I’m struggling to remember what the heck is going on in Tower of God, but I’ve got the gist of it. Characters started to look familiar even though I could not remember any names :lol:

Mayonaka Punch is goofy and certainly an original premise. The main character is really not likeable at all though IMO. I will give it two or three more episodes but I might drop it. 

Also! I have no clue how I missed this, but The Elusive Samurai got an anime this season! I have added it to my watch list and I will watch the first episode tonight :shiny: 

https://myanimelist.net/anime/54724/Nige_Jouzu_no_Wakagimi

First episode of The Elusive Samurai was fantastic :shiny: @Psycho666Soldier you’ve got to check it out. 

• Shiny 1

Still feeling pretty confused watching Tower of God but I am enjoying it nonetheless. Viole is Baam, right??? :lolgrin: :lurk:  

Mayonaka Punch has had a couple moments but overall is falling a bit flat for me. Probs keep watching it anyways. 

Tonight I have the second episode of The Elusive Samurai queued up to watch :shiny:

On 7/11/2024 at 9:12 PM, dr. b said:

First episode of The Elusive Samurai was fantastic :shiny: @Psycho666Soldier you’ve got to check it out. 

Shit, I didn't even know they started an anime yet! I'm gonna get on that.

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

7 hours ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

Shit, I didn't even know they started an anime yet! I'm gonna get on that.

It’s been great. Really good. Very cinematic at times. The sound, the animation, the voice acting. I am really enjoying it. I think it makes me feel nostalgic for something, like it feels like something I would have loved watching as a kid. It’s a big winner for me this season. 

Unrelated: I am still very confused by Tower of God. This week’s episode at least brought back familiar characters from the first season, but more explanation is needed. 

Didn’t know that but now I’m hyped!

Any of you folks been watching Dead Dead Demons DeDeDeDe Destruction? (Let's just refer to it as DDDD from here on out! :rotfl:)

What a trip this thing is. It started out a bit slow, but then eventually takes some wild turns. It's an interesting mix of drama, sci-fi, some more atmospheric and almost slice-of-life-y elements, and some amusing humour sprinkled in as well. It's a vibe.

Apparently the anime is an adaptation of a two-part movie series (with the movies based on a manga that ran from 2014-2022). It's supposed to be 18 episodes. It's up to #12 now, so there's still time to get on board and catch up before it ends. I just started watching it a few days ago and I binged through all the available episodes real fast. 

Just watched the first two episodes of Elusive Samurai last night, and they really popped off with the animation, huh?

• Shiny 1

Yeah that made it look awesome :shiny: The first couple of episodes were especially good, but I have not noticed a major drop off in animation quality since then. I love the style and colours. It feels just a bit aged, but in a good way. 

Episode #9 of The Elusive Samurai was absolutely awesome. So much good stuff packed into one episode :shiny:

Anybody else watching DeDeDeDe..? You’re missing out if you’re not! Only three episodes left.